How we Aim to Keep Visitors Safe at Pearse Lyons Distillery
Having closed our doors on March 12, 2020 due to Covid-19 restrictions, we were delighted to re-open our doors to the public on Monday, July 20 for whiskey tours and tastings experiences.
Although our doors were closed to the public, our team continued to work tirelessly in the background. Our distillers continued to distill new make spirit, while our sales team supplied an abundance of hand sanitiser to local hospitals, businesses, and food shelters in the greater Dublin area.
In recent weeks, our focus changed to reopening Pearse Lyons Distillery to the public. Our team have designed a simple icon diagram to show visitors how we aim to keep everyone safe, while enjoying and experiencing our unique whiskey distillery.
How we aim to keep visitors safe at Pearse Lyons Distillery
- Pre-booking online and queuing system: All tickets can be purchased in advance of your tour. Visitors with pre-booked tickets will use our fast-pass system.
- Smaller and more frequent tours: We’ve reduced the capacity of our tours and increased our availability. Tours operate every 30-minute and last approximately one hour.
- Personal Storyteller: Each tour will have a personal storyteller who will help you discover the fascinating history and guide you through the whiskey tasting process. This ensures visitors are not meeting various people throughout their experience.
- Face Coverings: Our entire team will be wearing a face covering and we request that visitors also wear a face covering. If you forget your face covering, not to worry; we have disposable face coverings available at reception.
- Hand Sanitiser Stations: There are several hand sanitising stations through the site, with one at every entry and exit point.
- Multiple Tasting Areas: We have created a number of tasting areas where guests can enjoy their Pearse Irish Whiskey tasting while socially distancing in comfort.
- Screens at Reception: There are safety screens at reception for the protection of staff and customers.
- Signage and One-Way System: We have signage guiding visitors throughout the site and have put in place a one-way system to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Contactless Payments: We have contactless payments in place across the site. Any payment under €70 can be processed through contactless.
- Thermal Checks for Staff: Staff temperatures are checked daily before entering the distillery.
- Cleaning Schedule: We have put a vigorous cleaning schedule in place where areas are sanitised every 30-minutes.
- Fresh Air Extracts: We have increased the fresh air supply in our visitor centre.
Fáilte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter Certified
Our passionate team of Storytellers and Brand Ambassadors have completed the Irish Government approved Failte Ireland COVID-19 Safety Charter to ensure visitors are safe throughout their experience with us. Pearse Lyons Distillery is now a certified attraction.
We recommend booking in advance to secure a place on our tours, however if you wish to stop by, we are happy to welcome you on our next available tour. Following government protocols, we will ask you for a personal contact number to facilitate contact tracing.
We are delighted to re-open Pearse Lyons Distillery and we ask that guests assist us with our new Covid-19 safety measures. If for some reason you are not feeling well in advance of your booking with us, please let us know and we can postpone or cancel the booking for you.
We look forward to your visit and raising a glass to the beautiful craft of Pearse Irish Whiskey and the heritage of St. James’s Church that houses our unique working distillery in Dublin 8.